Eleven Plus Tuition
Year 4 and Year 5
Eleven Plus Tuition
You want your child to do well and get into the grammar school they have chosen. Why? Because you know if they’ll have more opportunities for a bright future, excelling in whatever path they choose in life. What parent doesn’t want that for their child?
But did you know your child will sit grammar school tests in September of Year 6 and many 11 Plus skills aren’t taught in school until well after the test dates? If your child hasn’t mastered all that the 11 Plus curriculum entails their exam success is not assured.
So I’ve create an Eleven Plus tuition pathway covering everything your child needs for 11 Plus success that isn’t taught in school. It’s packed with the knowledge they need to learn by heart along with the guidance of when to learn it, games to improve recall, printable resources and tutor support. Plus, our programme explicitly teach the skills and understanding your child needs in 50 minute online weekly classes.
As exam time approaches, our Eleven Plus tuition course supports your child with exam technique skills appropriate for their exam board, develops their speed skills, revises their tricky topics and offers stress management solutions for their big moment. Should your child require extra support, we offer extra one-to-one top-up sessions with our trained tutors.
I’d love to talk through all we have to offer with you, so do get in touch.
What You'll Get
- Subject specific 50 minute online classes in small groups (up to 6 students) per subject
- Eleven Plus Tuition curriculum outline showing you what your child will cover
- Half termly pack of knowledge organisers, with facts your child needs to learn
- Guidance on supporting your child’s journey at home
- Pre-curriculum booklet, including what your child needs to know before starting the course
- Google classroom access, chat with online classmates and tutors
- Replay access to online lessons
- Suggested homework activities and challenges
- Access to fun, online games to improve recall
- Reviews showing your child’s progress and areas for development
- Half termly tutor catch-ups for parents on request, see how your child is progressing
- Half termly newsletter with advice on extra activities and tips for Eleven Plus tuition at home
Next Steps offer additional options with our linked professionals.
- One-to-one top-up tutoring sessions
- Life skills coaching
- Nutrition and eating advice
- Interview techniques and practice
- Life mapping
Is this right for my child?
We classed this pathway as ‘Challenging’.
This means that it is suitable for children in Year 4 and Year 5 who wish to sit the 11 Plus exam and are already ahead of most peers in their class.
The areas covered in our Eleven Plus Tuition pathway are taken from the GL, CEM and CSSE curriculums for grammar school entrance exams. Your child will be placed with a suitable peer group who will be studying for similar exam boards.
Our children tend to apply for grammar schools in Surrey (including Wallington, Sutton, Nonsuch, Tiffins) and grammar schools across Buckinghamshire, Birmingham and Essex.
When are the lessons?
Lessons are online via Zoom and take place weekly with breaks for holidays. Specifically, term times are:
2022 – 2023
12th September – 21st October
31st October – 16th December
3rd January – 10th February
20th February – 31st March
17th April – 26th May
5th June – 21st July
Additional Holiday Courses
23rd July – 1st September
Our courses are 39 weeks long with Summer breaks.
We’re committed to keeping your child safe online.
Liz, Sarah and all our tutors have:
A DBS check. Qualified Teacher Status. Safeguarding training. Tutors’ Association Membership. SEND training. Mental Health & Wellbeing training. Online Safety training.
Friendly & approachable
Same tutor each lesson
DBS checked teachers
Getting Started With Group Tuition
If you don’t see the answer to our Frequently Asked Questions please ask!